Forbes Releases 2017 30 Under 30 Europe List
LONDON (January 16, 2017) – Today, Forbes unveiled its second annual “30 Under 30 Europe” list, featuring 300 young innovators, entrepreneurs and leaders across Europe who are under 30 years of age and who are transforming business, technology, finance, media, culture and more, as judged by some of the most accomplished and acclaimed individuals in each category. The list covers 10 categories – Arts, Entertainment, Finance, Industry, Media, Policy, Retail & Ecommerce, Science & Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurs and Technology – with each of the honorees vetted by a panel of expert judges in their respective fields. To view the list, please visitwww.forbes.com/30-under-30-europe-2017/.
Randall Lane, Editor of Forbes, said “The Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe list is the ultimate honor roll of the young entrepreneurs reshaping Europe for the better. For our second annual list, we scoured the continent for the people revamping every industry and recruited an all-star judging panel to help us determine the best of the best. The result is 300 superstars, across 10 fields, who will impact Europe for the next 50 years.”
Honorees from the “2017 Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe” list include:
- Chef and Restaurant & Hotel Owner David Andres (Lifestyle);
- Actress and Writer Michaela Coel (Entertainment);
- Founder of Collegiate Capital, Abbas Kazmi (Finance);
- Founder of Gripit Daykin, Jordan Daykin (Industry);
- Co-Founders of IMA (Influencer Marketing Agency), Emilie Tabor & Maddie Raedts (Media);
- Co-Founder Singa, Guillaume Capelle (Policy);
- Co-Founder Chronext, Philipp Man (Retail and Ecommerce);
- CEO of Sigesa, Arantxa Unda (Science and Healthcare);
- Co-Founder of Prima Toys, Filippo Yacob (Social Entrepreneurs);
- Co-Founder of HelloFresh, Ed Boyes (Technology)
The judges have created a unique list of the 300 prodigious stars who are making a difference in our world. The judges were:
- Arts: Jeremy Till of University of the Arts London, Chef Heinz Beck, and Italian photographer Oliviero Toscani;
- Entertainment: Forbes editor Mike Ozanian, Afrojack, and British director SJ Clarkson;
- Finance: Klaus Hommels of Lakestar, Henning Potstada of DWS, and Sonali De Rycker of Accel Ventures;
- Industry: Phillip Greenish of Royal Academy, Stephane Israel of Arianespace, and former 30 Under 30 Honoree Cornel Amariei of Continental Automotive Systems;
- Media: Kai Diekmann of Bild, Antonia Rados of RTL Group, and Max Guen of Magna Carta TV;
- Policy: Josef Janning of European Council on Foreign Relations, Richard Youngs of Carnegie, Endowment Europe, and Brigid Laffan of European University Institute;
- Retail: Amber Atherton of My Flash Trash and Dharmash Mistry of blow LTD;
- Science: Barbara Prainsack of King’s College London, Jason Levine of IT and Clinical Informatics at National Cancer Institute, and Iain Woodhouse of University of Edinburgh;
- Social Entrepreneurs: Forbes Editor Randall Lane, Cheryl Green from Echoing Green, and Jean Case from Case Foundation;
- Tech: Brent Hoberman of Lastminute.com, former 30 Under 30 Honoree Ophelia Brown at Local Globe, and Tom Hulme of Google Ventures.
Criteria: The criteria for honorees making the list included leadership and disruption in their field; entrepreneurial mind-set and results; and the likelihood of changing their field over the next half-century.
The complete list, along with video interviews with some of the honorees, is online at www.forbes.com/30-under-30-europe-2017/.
Forbes To Host Second Under 30 Summit EMEA in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, April 2-6, 2017
Forbes also announced today its second Under 30 Summit EMEA (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), which will take place in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, April 2-6, 2017 under the theme “Innovation, Exploration, and Inspiration.” For the summit, an invitation-only event, Forbes is expected to bring together over 750 of some of the world’s most influential young entrepreneurs – 250 from the U.S., 250 from Europe and 250 from Israel – as culled from Forbes’ 30 Under 30 lists of game changers.
In partnership with The Schusterman Foundation, Start-Up Nation Central and The Pratt Foundation, Forbes will feature, as part of the summit’s agenda, panels, interviews, performances, product demos and keynotes, showcasing the most cutting-edge innovators and disruptors, and will provide mentorship from successful business leaders. In addition, the summit will offer rich cultural immersion activities and a unique global-networking environment. Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit participants will also have the opportunity to mentor and inspire the next generation of young superstar entrepreneurs in the local communities of Israel.
Forbes’ Under 30 franchise is a global multichannel platform, that comprises 30 Under 30 lists featuring young global game changers published in print and online all over the world; live summits in the U.S., Asia and Israel; an Under 30 channel onForbes.com; and a Forbes Under 30 app. To access Forbesmagazine’s 2017 30 Under 30 U.S. list, please visitwww.forbes.com/30under30.