ARTWORK COMPETITION TO COMMEMORATE THE 19TH AMENDMENT
Arts and Culture is proud to hereby invite its creative community to reflect on the centennial, celebrate the achievements of the suffragists, and place the movement in a larger historical context. We welcome LA-based artists to submit their qualifications, including a letter of interest, resume, images, and annotated image list to be considered for the final award. Final awards will be offered to a maximum of five artists to create two original artworks commemorating the centennial.
Maximum of five prizes at $4,000 each
No entry free
February 17, 2020
Selected artists will be awarded a contract of $4,000 to create two original artworks.
All submittal materials must be received by February 17, 2020 | 5PM PST. Any materials received after that date and time will not be accepted or considered.
Submittal materials must include the following components in the below mentioned order:
- Resume including name, mailing address, phone number(s), email, web page (if applicable), and bio. Resume should not exceed three pages.
- A maximum one-page letter of interest addressing your artistic practice, sources of inspiration, why this project interests you, and how you plan to celebrate women’s empowerment and equity in the final artworks.
- Up to five images of your relevant work.
- An annotated image list that indicates title, date, medium, dimensions, and brief project description of the maximum five images submitted (maximum 100 characters).
- Resume, letter of interest, and annotated image list must be saved as a PDF document.
- Images must be saved as a single PDF or Powerpoint document. Individual images that are not compiled into a single pdf or Powerpoint document will not be accepted and your application will be considered incomplete.
- Save your application materials in a single folder. Name your folder using the following naming convention:
FirstInitialLastName-Application(example: JJones-Application). If you are applying as a collective, use your collective’s name instead of FirstInitialLastName (example: JonesStudio-Application).
- Submit your application file or folder through Wetransfer.com to MMorris@arts.lacounty.gov.
Please submit additional questions about the competition to Civic Art Project Manager Marah Morris at (213) 202-5923 or MMorris@arts.lacounty.gov before February 7, 2020 | 5PM PST.
Responses to additional questions will be posted on the Arts and Culture website on February 12, 2020.