Working on another COVID stimulus package
In the next few weeks, Congress is looking to pass another coronavirus stimulus package—it’s long overdue. So far, the House has passed five coronavirus response bills. The most recent one was the Heroes Act, which provided funding for testing, schools, small businesses, rent and mortgage relief, essential workers, cities, and counties. However, I know that more relief needs to be brought back to the district for families, workers, small businesses, hospitals, and our cities.
I want to get your input on our next stimulus package. By taking this two-question survey, you agree to receive occasional updates from me via email.
From previous legislation Congress has passed, I’ve brought back over $200 million in coronavirus aid. Here’s a snapshot of what CA-39 has received:
- $800,000 for CA-39 health centers to expand coronavirus testing
- $100 million in coronavirus aid for CA-39 students, colleges, and universities
- $2.2 million in aid for CA-39 health centers
- $31 million in aid for CA-39 cities and counties
- $50,000 in coronavirus funding for the Korean Community Services’ health center
- $300,000 in funding for CA-39 health centers
- $73 million for CA-39 counties to prevent, prepare for, and respond to the coronavirus pandemic among individuals and families who are homeless or receiving homeless assistance
- $130,000 in coronavirus aid for the cities of Buena Park and Fullerton
Your health and safety is my top priority. As we’re seeing cases rise in our counties and throughout the state, please continue to keep you and your loved ones safe. Every single one of us has a part to play in stopping the spread of the coronavirus.
Remember to follow CDC guidelines, practice social distancing, wear a mask, and practice safe hygiene habits. Stay safe.
Gilbert R. Cisneros, Jr.
Member of Congress