State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 621,562 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 7,873 newly recorded confirmed cases Saturday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior than yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 6.9% and the 14-day positivity rate is 6.4%.
- There have been 9,798,135 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 117,024 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 11,224 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- A total of 38 counties are required to close indoor operations for certain sectors based on the July 13 order to slow community transmission.