State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 769,831 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 3,630 newly recorded confirmed cases Thursday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 3.3% and the 14-day positivity rate is 3.4%.
- There have been 13,177,186 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 97,149 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 14,812 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Updated Testing Turnaround Time Dashboard
CDPH has updated its dashboard that reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. California has worked to reduce testing turnaround times in recent weeks to help curb the spread of the virus. During the week of August 30 to September 5, the average time patients waited for test results was 1.3 days. During this same time period, 67 percent of patients received test results in 1 day and 90 percent received them within two days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is updated weekly.