State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 774,135 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 4,304 newly recorded confirmed cases Friday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 3.0% and the 14-day positivity rate is 3.3%.
- There have been 13,343,886 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 166,700 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 14,912 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Testing Turnaround Time Dashboard
The testing turnaround dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. California has worked to reduce testing turnaround times in recent weeks to help curb the spread of the virus. During the week of August 30 to September 5, the average time patients waited for test results was 1.3 days. During this same time period, 67 percent of patients received test results in 1 day and 90 percent received them within two days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is updated weekly.