State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 778,400 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 4,265 newly recorded confirmed cases Saturday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 2.8% and the 14-day positivity rate is 3.1%.
- There have been 13,523,158 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 179,272 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 14,987 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Testing Turnaround Time Dashboard
The testing turnaround dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. California has worked to reduce testing turnaround times in recent weeks to help curb the spread of the virus. During the week of September 6 to September 12, the average time patients waited for test results was 1.2 days. During this same time period, 69 percent of patients received test results in 1 day and 90 percent received them within two days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is updated weekly.