The Buena Park Boys and Girls Club celebrates inaugural summer music program; calls out for volunteers to continue program
The Buena Park Boys and Girls Club, and local elected officials celebrates its inaugural 2017 piano program led by high school student intern Zoey Xu. Thanks to the generous donation of keyboards by Yamaha Corporation of America, five students, who had no/minimal prior musical experience, will be performing a recital on August 4, 2017. This concert will coincide with a call out for volunteers to continue this program throughout the year. Any individuals with experience with piano or music education are greatly encouraged to contact the Club for a rewarding volunteer experience.
Date: Friday, August 4, 2017
Time: 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Where: Buena Park Boys and Girls Club, 7758 S Knott Ave, Buena Park, CA 90620 http://www.theplaceforkids.org
Who will be Present:
- Zoey Xu
- Todd Trout, CEO of the Buena Park Boys and Girls Club
- David Jewell, Marketing Communications Manager at Yamaha Corporation of America
- Students Performing: Julissa Contreras, Skye Lopez, Destiny Alvarez, Ahtziri Fonseca, Sophie Labounty
- Fiona Ma, CPA – California State Board of Equalization Member
- Senator Josh Newman, California State Senator
- Buena Park Mayor Elizabeth Swift
- Representative from Orange County Board of Supervisors Michelle Steele
- Jim Vanderpool, City Manager for the City of Buena Park
About the Buena Park Boys and Girls Club:
The mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. To accomplish this mission the Boys & Girls Club of Buena Park strives to meet and support the educational, social and recreational needs of 2,500 children, ages 6-18, in our community. The Club is a second home for many of their members.
African American 10%
61% of our families are at the poverty line.
Their core programs include: Education and Career Development, Sports and Recreation, Character and Leadership Development, Fine Arts, and Health and Life Skills.