State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 1,171,324 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 12,635 newly recorded confirmed cases Thursday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 6.2% and the 14-day positivity rate is 6.1%.
- There have been 23,315,918 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 219,173 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 19,033 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.