State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19. CDPH ended the Regional Stay at Home Order, lifting the order for all regions statewide, including the three regions that had still been under the order – San Joaquin Valley, Bay Area and Southern California. Four-week ICU capacity projections for these three regions are above 15%, the threshold that allows regions to exit the order. The Sacramento Region exited the order on January 12 and the Northern California region never entered the order.
This action allows all counties statewide to return to the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity. The majority of the state’s counties are in the strictest, or purple tier. CDPH provides tier updates each Tuesday. As always, individual counties may choose to impose stricter rules.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,136,158 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 27,007 newly recorded confirmed cases Sunday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 8.0% and the 14-day positivity rate is 9.4%.
- There have been 40,688,908 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 403,193 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 37,118 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of January 25, providers have reported administering a total of 2,437,504 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. As of January 25, a total of 4,564,425 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped to local health departments and health care systems that have facilities in multiple counties.
Note: CDPH has been able to eliminate one day of lag in the vaccination reporting process and as a result today’s total above also includes reported doses as of January 24. As of January 24, providers reported administering a total of 2,321,811 vaccine doses statewide.