State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,391,036 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 9,421 newly recorded confirmed cases Friday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 4.1% and the 14-day positivity rate is 4.9%.
- There have been 45,411,637 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 286,196 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 46,435 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of February 13, providers have reported administering a total of 5,768,684 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. The CDC reports that 8,051,475 doses have been delivered to entities within the state, and 8,372,700 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
With the Regional Stay at Home Order rescinded statewide as of January 25, all counties are now under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity.
Blueprint Summary as of February 9:
- 53 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 2 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier – Del Norte and Mariposa
- 3 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier – Alpine, Sierra, and Trinity
Blueprint tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays. Find the status of activities in specific counties.