State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19, including updated data and tiers for reducing COVID-19 in the state under the Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
One county, Plumas moved to a less restrictive tier, from Purple (widespread) to Red (substantial). Fifty-two counties remain in Purple (widespread). Three counties, Del Norte, Mariposa and Plumas are in the Red (substantial) tier. Three counties, Alpine, Sierra and Trinity, remained in the Orange (moderate) tier.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,412,057 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 5,692 newly recorded confirmed cases Monday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 3.5% and the 14-day positivity rate is 4.2%.
- There have been 46,227,725 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 263,598 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 47,107 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of February 16, providers have reported administering a total of 6,262,781 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. As of February 16, the CDC reports that 8,250,650 doses have been delivered to entities within the state, and 8,517,000 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
With the Regional Stay at Home Order rescinded statewide as of January 25, all counties are now under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity.
Blueprint Summary as of February 9:
- 52 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 3 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier – Del Norte, Mariposa, and Plumas
- 3 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier – Alpine, Sierra, and Trinity