State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,465,726 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 5,400 newly recorded confirmed cases Thursday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 2.7% and the 14-day positivity rate is 2.9%.
- There have been 47,995,576 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 181,416 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 51,382 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of February 26, providers have reported administering a total of 8,243,711 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. The CDC reports that 10,868,910 doses have been delivered to entities within the state, and 11,186,365 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped.
Multiple variants of the virus that causes COVID-19 have been identified globally during the COVID-19 pandemic. These genetic mutations are expected, and some emerge and then disappear, while others persist or become common. Most variants do not have a meaningful impact. Public health becomes concerned about a variant when it affects COVID-19 transmission, severity, testing, treatment or vaccine effectiveness. Get more information on the variants CDPH is currently monitoring.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
With the Regional Stay at Home Order rescinded statewide as of January 25, all counties are now under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity.
Blueprint Summary (as of February 23)
- 47 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 9 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier
- 2 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier
Blueprint tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays. Find the status of activities in specific counties.