State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,664,909 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 1,370 newly recorded confirmed cases Saturday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 1.0%.
- There have been 63,170,722 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 229,177 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- There have been 61,499 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of May 16, providers have reported administering a total of 34,377,697 vaccine doses statewide. The CDC reports that 43,145,000 doses have been delivered to entities within the state. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. For more vaccination data, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard.
ADDITIONAL DATA & UPDATES
Tracking COVID-19 in California
- State Dashboard – Daily COVID-19 data
- County Map – Local data, including tier status and ICU capacity
- Data and Tools – Models and dashboards for researchers, scientists, and the public
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy – Data for establishing tier status
- COVID-19 Race & Ethnicity Data – Weekly updated Race & Ethnicity data
- Cases and Deaths by Age Group – Weekly updated Deaths by Age Group data
- Health Equity Dashboard – See how COVID-19 highlights existing inequities in health
- Tracking Variants – Data on the variants California is currently monitoring
- Safe Schools for All Hub – Information about safe in-person instruction
- School Districts Reopening Map – data on public schools and reported outbreaks