State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- The 7-day average is 3.3 cases per 100K.
- California has 3,724,833 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 2,411 newly recorded confirmed cases Thursday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 2.3%.
- There have been 70,577,115 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 121,341 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- There have been 63,376 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of July 9, providers have reported administering a total of 42,280,518 vaccine doses statewide. The CDC reports that 48,477,535 doses have been delivered to entities within the state. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. For more vaccination data, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard.
ADDITIONAL DATA & UPDATES
Tracking COVID-19 in California
- State Dashboard – Daily COVID-19 data
- Data and Tools – Models and dashboards for researchers, scientists, and the public
- COVID-19 Race & Ethnicity Data – Weekly updated Race & Ethnicity data
- Cases and Deaths by Age Group – Weekly updated Deaths by Age Group data
- Health Equity Dashboard – See how COVID-19 highlights existing inequities in health
- Tracking Variants – Data on the variants California is currently monitoring
- Safe Schools for All Hub – Information about safe in-person instruction
Vaccination appointments for individuals aged 12+ can be made by visiting myturn.ca.gov. The consent of a parent or legal guardian may be needed for those between the ages of 12 and 17 to receive a vaccination. Visit Vaccinate All 58 to learn more about the safe and effective vaccines available.
Health Care Workers
As of July 8, local health departments have reported 113,555 confirmed positive cases in health care workers and 475 deaths statewide.
Testing Turnaround Time
The testing turnaround time dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. During the week of June 27 to July 3, the average time patients waited for test results was under one day. During this same time period, 87% of patients received test results in one day and 97% received them within two days.