State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- 67,170,758 total vaccines administered.
- 80.7% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 179,841 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 6,416,171 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 86,929 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 22.9% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 13,349 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 2,054 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people were 8.0 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from December 20, 2021 to December 26, 2021).
- There have been 76,940 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 46 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people were 20.8 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from December 13, 2021 to December 19, 2021