State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
The risk of infection, hospitalization and death is highest among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- 68,065,502 total vaccines administered.
- 81.2% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 152,502 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 6,997,710 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 108,279 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 20.7% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 15,393 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 2,467 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people were 6.0 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from December 27, 2021 to January 2, 2022).
- There have been 77,521 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 43 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people were 17.8 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from December 20, 2021 to December 26, 2021).