State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are highest among unvaccinated individuals and lowest among boosted individuals. This is true for all age groups. See additional data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- 76,475,034 total vaccines administered.
- 83.6% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 44,128 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 8,989,279 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 13,895 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 4.7 times more likely to get COVID-19 than boosted individuals (May 9, 2022 – May 15, 2022).
- The testing positivity rate is 8.3% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 2,415 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 276 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people are 7.4 times more likely to be hospitalized than boosted individuals (May 9, 2022 – May 15, 2022).
- There have been 90,815 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 9 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 7.4 times more likely to die than boosted individuals (May 2, 2022 – May 8, 2022).