State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 1,264,539 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 18,591 newly recorded confirmed cases Monday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 7.7% and the 14-day positivity rate is 7.0%.
- There have been 24,474,642 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 175,516 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 19,437 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
New Regional Stay Home Order
To preserve California’s health care system, the state announced a new Regional Stay Home Order today that goes into effect if intensive care unit (ICU) capacity drops below 15% in any one of five regions across the state. Counties in the region will be subject to new restrictions. The five regions include:
- Northern California: Del Norte, Glenn, Humboldt, Lake, Lassen, Mendocino, Modoc, Shasta, Siskiyou, Tehama, Trinity
- Bay Area: Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Monterey, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma
- Greater Sacramento: Alpine, Amador, Butte, Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, Sierra, Sutter, Yolo, Yuba
- San Joaquin Valley: Calaveras, Fresno, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Merced, San Benito, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare, Tuolumne
- Southern California: Imperial, Inyo, Los Angeles, Mono, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura
Current available ICU capacity by region:
- Bay Area 25.4%
- Greater Sacramento 22%
- Northern California 18.6%
- San Joaquin Valley 19.7%
- Southern California 20.6%