State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,243,348 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 18,974 newly recorded confirmed cases Saturday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 6.7% and the 14-day positivity rate is 7.4%.
- There have been 42,279,018 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 298,562 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 40,697 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of January 31, providers have reported administering a total of 3,434,295 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. As of January 29, a total of 4,759,750 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped to local health departments and health care systems that have facilities in multiple counties.