CA State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Unvaccinated people were 6.9 times more likely to get COVID-19 (data from October 31, 2021 to November 6, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 11.9 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from October 24, 2021 to October 30, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 16.5 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from October 17, 2021 to October 23, 2021).
- 57,257,478 total vaccines administered.
- 75.6% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 187,507 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 4,777,804 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 4,393 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 1.9% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 3,488 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 905 ICU patients statewide.
- There have been 73,214 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 50 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).