State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Unvaccinated people were 7.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 (data from November 11, 2021 to November 20, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 12.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from November 7, 2021 to November 13, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 14.8 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from October 31, 2021 to November 6, 2021).
- 58,560,386 total vaccines administered.
- 76.3% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 138,616 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 4,810,164 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 3,879 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 3.4% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 3,519 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 901 ICU patients statewide.
- There have been 73,822 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 54 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).