State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Unvaccinated people were 7.1 times more likely to get COVID-19 (data from November 21, 2021 to November 27, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 12.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from November 14, 2021 to November 20, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 13.0 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from November 7, 2021 to November 13, 2021).
- 60,486,328 total vaccines administered.
- 77.3% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 219,532 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 4,861,352 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 4,496 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 2.6% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 3,763 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 896 ICU patients statewide.
- There have been 74,432 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 49 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).