State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Unvaccinated people were 5.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 (data from December 13, 2021 to December 19, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 14.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from December 6, 2021 to December 12, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 15.0 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from November 29, 2021 to December 5, 2021).
- 64,562,129 total vaccines administered.
- 79.3% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 143,252 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 5,135,071 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 12,877 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 12.9% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 5,516 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 1,194 ICU patients statewide.
- There have been 75,738 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 45 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).