State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are highest among unvaccinated individuals and lowest among boosted individuals. This is true for all age groups. See additional data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- 74,907,314 total vaccines administered.
- 83.2% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 51,515 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 8,654,420 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 5,453 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 5.4 times more likely to get COVID-19 than boosted individuals (April,11 2022 – April 17, 2022).
- The testing positivity rate is 3.9% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 1,112 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 168 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people are 9.3 times more likely to be hospitalized than boosted individuals (April,11 2022 – April 17, 2022).
- There have been 89,851 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 11 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 8.8 times more likely to die than boosted individuals (April 4, 2022 – April 10, 2022).