State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are highest among unvaccinated individuals and lowest among boosted individuals. This is true for all age groups. See additional data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- 75,489,752 total vaccines administered.
- 83.4% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 48,477 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 8,757,871 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 8,401 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 4.8 times more likely to get COVID-19 than boosted individuals (April,18 2022 – April 24, 2022).
- The testing positivity rate is 5.0% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 1,527 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 182 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people are 6.5 times more likely to be hospitalized than boosted individuals (April,18 2022 – April 24, 2022).
- There have been 90,219 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 10 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 7.8 times more likely to die than boosted individuals (April 11, 2022 – April 17, 2022).