State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Rates of cases, hospitalizations and deaths are highest among unvaccinated individuals and lowest among boosted individuals. This is true for all age groups. See additional data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations, and deaths.
- 77,108,328 total vaccines administered.
- 83.7% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 38,651 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 9,199,942 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 15,040 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 5.3 times more likely to get COVID-19 than boosted individuals (May 23, 2022 – May 29, 2022).
- The testing positivity rate is 10.5% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 2,741 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 319 ICU patients statewide.
- Unvaccinated people are 7.4 times more likely to be hospitalized than boosted individuals (May 23, 2022 – May 29, 2022).
- There have been 91,240 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 12 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).
- Unvaccinated people are 10.5 times more likely to die than boosted individuals (May 16, 2022 – May 22, 2022).