Who’s the racist?
Jay Chen’s Longstanding Support of Affirmative Action Hurts Asian Americans
Jay Chen has spent the last 12 years working to get Chinese Communist Party Confucius Institutes into American classrooms, but when it comes to ensuring Asian Americans get into college classrooms, he’s not so helpful.
Just like his support for CI’s, Chen went all-in on advocating for race-based selection in universities across the country, which has led to discrimination against Asian Americans.
Chen’s advocacy for affirmative action is so ingrained he went on Tucker Carlson, where he actually denied students are being penalized because of their race.
Chen’s push for affirmative action is disproportionately affecting Asian Americans.
Michelle Steel has spent decades standing up for Asian Americans and fighting affirmative action.
- Led an Amicus Brief with Senator Ted Cruz and 80 of her congressional colleagues in support of the plaintiffs in SFFA v. Harvard.
- Introduced the Helping Applicants Receive Valid and Reasonable Decisions (HARVARD) Act, which would promote transparency at institutions of higher education by requiring them to list their usage of personality traits in admissions decisions. If they fail to do so, they will be ineligible for Title 4 federal funding.
- Questioned U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona during an Education and Labor Committee hearing about these discriminatory policies. He said, “I believe students should have an opportunity to apply and get into colleges based on their own merit.”
- Supported and campaigned for California’s Proposition 209 in 1996, which banned racial preferences in public hiring, education and contracting. Subsequently, minority graduation rates improved drastically. In 2020, California Democrats introduced Proposition 16 to bring back racial preferences in hiring, contracting and our education system. She campaigned against this discrimination and it was again rejected.
- Testified in front of the House Judiciary Committee about AAPI discrimination and the way affirmative action hurts students in schools nationwide.