Small business owners shouldn’t miss this free recorded workshop
IRS Tax Tip 2022-68
Small business owners who want to learn about their tax obligations should watch the Small Business Virtual Tax Workshop. This online workshop is an easy way for new small business owners to dive in and for experienced small business owners to brush up on topics relevant to their business. It’s free and available 24/7.
People can watch the video lessons in any order. The topics include:
- Federal taxes and your new business
- Schedule C and other small business taxes
- Filing and paying taxes electronically
- Business use of your home
- Federal taxes when hiring employees or independent contractors
- Managing payroll to withhold the correct amount of taxes
- Tax deposits and filing a return to report payroll taxes
- Hiring people who live in the U.S. who aren’t citizens
Each lesson links to more specific topics within that lesson, like chapters in a book. Viewers can choose the lessons that apply to their small business. They can also pause and bookmark lessons so they can review information later.
In addition to English, the workshop is also available in Spanish, Chinese Traditional, Chinese Simplified, Korean, Russian, Vietnamese, and Haitian Creole, by clicking on the language menu below the presentation. Transcripts and closed caption options are also available.
Business owners can watch the workshop at IRS.gov.