State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 826,784 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 3,055 newly recorded confirmed cases Sunday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 2.6% and the 14-day positivity rate is 2.8%.
- There have been 15,301,681 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 141,394 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 16,149 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Testing Turnaround Time
The testing turnaround dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. California has worked to reduce testing turnaround times in recent weeks to help curb the spread of the virus. During the week of September 20 to September 26, the average time patients waited for test results was 1.2 days. During this same time period, 69 percent of patients received test results in 1 day and 92 percent received them within two days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is updated weekly.
As of September 22, 2020, California’s testing capacity and turnaround time have improved. As a result and until further notice, all four tiers in the Testing Prioritization Guidance originally dated July 14, 2020 will have equal priority for testing.