State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 956,957 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 5,863 newly recorded confirmed cases Friday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 3.6% and the 14-day positivity rate is 3.3%.
- There have been 19,565,151 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 168,802 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 17,939 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
Testing Turnaround Time
The testing turnaround dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. California has worked to reduce testing turnaround times in recent weeks to help curb the spread of the virus. During the week of October 25 to October 31, the average time patients waited for test results was 1.3 days. During this same time period, 63 percent of patients received test results in 1 day and 88 percent received them within 2 days. The testing turnaround time dashboard is updated weekly. At this time, all four tiers in the Testing Prioritization Guidance, originally issued July 14, 2020, have equal priority for testing.