State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) today announced the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
- California has 1,037,978 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 8,743 newly recorded confirmed cases Monday. Numbers do not represent true day-over-day change as these results include cases from prior to yesterday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 5.2% and the 14-day positivity rate is 4.7%.
- There have been 21,259,076 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 190,182 over the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 18,299 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.