State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics and updates on COVID-19.
Update to Places of Worship Guidelines
Consistent with recent court orders related to indoor church services, interim updates to the state’s guidelines for places of worship have been issued. After reviewing the orders in more detail, additional updates will be provided. These updates are reflected on the covid19.ca.gov website here and on the CDPH website here.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,335,926 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 15,064 newly recorded confirmed cases Saturday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 5.4% and the 14-day positivity rate is 6.1%.
- There have been 43,994,322 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 275,167 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 43,942 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of February 7, providers have reported administering a total of 4,650,637 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. The CDC reports that 6,963,500 doses have been delivered to entities within the state, and 7,392,300 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
With the Regional Stay at Home Order rescinded statewide as of January 25, all counties are now under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity.
As of February 2, 2021:
- 54 counties are in the Purple Tier
- 1 county is in the Red Tier (Mariposa)
- 3 counties are in the Orange Tier (Alpine, Sierra and Trinity)
- No counties are in the Yellow Tier
Blueprint tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays. Find the status of activities in specific counties.