State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19.
CDPH is correcting vaccine delivered and shipped numbers from yesterday, February 11. Due to a change in reporting by the Centers for Disease Control, federal direct vaccine allocations were erroneously included in the California data downloaded by CDPH. Therefore, on February 11, 7,822,300 doses were delivered to entities within the state, and 8,066,625 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, were shipped. Today’s vaccine data is below.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,381,615 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 10,059 newly recorded confirmed cases Thursday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 4.3% and the 14-day positivity rate is 5.1%.
- There have been 45,125,441 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 201,460 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- As case numbers continue to rise in California, the total number of individuals who will have serious outcomes will also increase. There have been 46,002 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of February 12, providers have reported administering a total of 5,511,429 vaccine doses statewide. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. The CDC reports that 7,964,550 doses have been delivered to entities within the state, and 8,169,900 vaccine doses, which includes the first and second dose, have been shipped.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
With the Regional Stay at Home Order rescinded statewide as of January 25, all counties are now under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity.
Blueprint Summary as of February 9:
- 53 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 2 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier – Del Norte and Mariposa
- 3 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier – Alpine, Sierra, and Trinity
Blueprint tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays. Find the status of activities in specific counties.