State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response.
Statewide COVID-19 Data as of Today
- California has 3,695,530 confirmed cases to date. Numbers may not represent true day-over-day change as reporting of test results can be delayed.
- There were 1,032 newly recorded confirmed cases Friday.
- The 7-day positivity rate is 0.8%.
- There have been 67,497,563 tests conducted in California. This represents an increase of 175,689 during the prior 24-hour reporting period.
- There have been 62,508 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- As of June 12, providers have reported administering a total of 39,438,215 vaccine doses statewide. The CDC reports that 47,151,870 doses have been delivered to entities within the state. Numbers do not represent true day-to-day change as reporting may be delayed. For more vaccination data, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Data Dashboard.
Note: For today’s report, San Mateo County has removed 129 previously reported deaths from their count. On June 11, statewide, an additional net total of 44 deaths were reported. That is why the number of fatalities is reported as -85: This represents the difference between the two.
ADDITIONAL DATA & UPDATES
Tracking COVID-19 in California
- State Dashboard – Daily COVID-19 data
- County Map – Local data, including tier status
- Data and Tools – Models and dashboards for researchers, scientists, and the public
- Blueprint for a Safer Economy – Data for establishing tier status
- COVID-19 Race & Ethnicity Data – Weekly updated Race & Ethnicity data
- Cases and Deaths by Age Group – Weekly updated Deaths by Age Group data
- Health Equity Dashboard – See how COVID-19 highlights existing inequities in health
- Tracking Variants – Data on the variants California is currently monitoring
- Safe Schools for All Hub – Information about safe in-person instruction
- School Districts Reopening Map – data on public schools and reported outbreaks
Vaccination appointments for individuals aged 12+ can be made by visiting myturn.ca.gov. The consent of a parent or legal guardian may be needed for those between the ages of 12 and 17 to receive a vaccination. Visit Vaccinate All 58 to learn more about the safe and effective vaccines available.
Blueprint for a Safer Economy
All counties are under the rules and framework of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy and color-coded tiers that indicate which activities and businesses are open based on local case rates and test positivity. As always, local public health departments may implement policies that are more restrictive than the state.
Blueprint Summary (as of June 8)
- 0 counties in the Purple (widespread) Tier
- 3 counties in the Red (substantial) Tier
- 31 counties in Orange (moderate) Tier
- 24 counties in Yellow (minimal) Tier
Blueprint tiers are updated weekly on Tuesdays. Find the status of activities in specific counties.
Health Care Workers
As of June 11, local health departments have reported 112,017 confirmed positive cases in health care workers and 466 deaths statewide.
Testing Turnaround Time
The testing turnaround time dashboard reports how long California patients are waiting for COVID-19 test results. During the week of May 30 to June 5, the average time patients waited for test results was under one day. During this same time period, 88% of patients received test results in one day and 97% received them within two days.
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)
As of June 7, there have been 537 cases of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C) reported statewide. MIS-C is a rare inflammatory condition associated with COVID-19 that can damage multiple organ systems. MIS-C can require hospitalization and be life threatening.