State Officials Announce Latest COVID-19 Facts
SACRAMENTO – Today, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) released the most recent statistics on COVID-19 and updates on the state’s pandemic response. The most up to date data is available on the state’s COVID-19 data dashboard.
Statewide COVID-19 Data
Cases, hospitalizations and deaths are largely occurring among unvaccinated populations. See the data for unvaccinated and vaccinated cases, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Unvaccinated people were 5.2 times more likely to get COVID-19 (data from December 13, 2021 to December 19, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 14.5 times more likely to be hospitalized with COVID-19 (data from December 6, 2021 to December 12, 2021).
- Unvaccinated people were 15.0 times more likely to die from COVID-19 (data from November 29, 2021 to December 5, 2021).
Vaccinations (Note: Vaccination data as of December 28, 2021)
- 64,075,795 total vaccines administered.
- 79.0% of the eligible population (5+) has been vaccinated with at least one dose.
- 149,329 people a day are receiving COVID-19 vaccination (average daily dose count over 7 days).
- California has 5,097,398 confirmed cases to date.
- Today’s average case count is 10,280 (average daily case count over 7 days).
- The testing positivity rate is 11.2% (average rate over 7 days).
- There are 5,198 hospitalizations statewide.
- There are 1,079 ICU patients statewide.
- There have been 75,629 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 claims the lives of 42 Californians each day (average daily death count over 7 days).