DACC Celebrates National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week
The Los Angeles County Department of Animal Care and Control (DACC) celebrates National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week starting on November 6, 2023.
DACC operates seven animal care centers (ACCs) located in the Cities of Agoura, Baldwin Park, Carson/Gardena, Castaic, Downey, Lancaster, and Palmdale. “DACC’s animal care centers play an integral role in keeping pets and families together, reuniting lost pets with their families, and finding new forever homes for pets in our care,” said Director Marcia Mayeda. “DACC officers also protect animals from abuse and neglect, and the public from dangerous animals. Animal care centers are important community resources that deserve the public’s support and recognition.”
National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week is a perfect opportunity for you to become acquainted with your local animal care center and help homeless pets.
Here are just a few ways to get involved:
• Adopt your next pet from one of DACC’s animal care centers.
• Become a fan! Follow DACC and your local animal care center on Facebook, Instagram, and X (formerly Twitter).
• Foster/Help Network those in DACC’s care.
• Donate to the Los Angeles County Animal Care Foundation, who raises money to support lifesaving care at DACC ACCs, at www.lacountyanimals.org.
• Volunteer! DACC loves its volunteers, who generously donate their time to help the animals. Learn about volunteer opportunities at: https://animalcare.lacounty.
• Donate food, supplies, treats, or other items the animals can use. Check out each ACC’s wish list on Amazon at: https://animalcare.lacounty.
For more information, please visit our website at www.animalcare.lacounty.gov.